Storms in the forecast for the Carolinas | Weather
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV)- After a brief pause from the rain this morning, another round of showers and storms will move through the area this afternoon.
For most of us, we'll see more beneficial rain, with totals of about a quarter to half inch. Some areas could receive over one inch of rain in the next 24 hours.
The best storm chances are expected late this afternoon along and just ahead of the cold front.
This storm system moved through the Midwest earlier this week, bringing severe weather and heavy snow to the region.
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near East Charlotte
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Public charter school celebrates expansion
- Matthews dentist to offer free dental care on Saturday
- Missing Matthews teen found safe, police say
- Charlotte home event, reflective of housing turnaround, sees record ticket sales
- Sportsplex ready for amateur tournaments and could put Matthews on the sports map
- MEDIC: Two injured in southeast Charlotte wreck
- Firefighters investigating house fire in Elizabeth neighborhood
- French government to honor 15 NC veterans in Charlotte today
- Charlotte woman turning to Internet for clues in home break-in
- Police looking for two men wanted in connection to South End car break-ins