Paving projects on order for Charlotte in 2013 | Transportation
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) -- The N.C. Department of Transportation will begin improvements on 19 miles of primary and secondary roads in Mecklenburg County Wednesday, Dec. 5, weather permitting.
Contractor Ferebee Corp. of Charlotte was awarded a $6 million contract to mill, resurface, and reconstruct shoulders on 16 sections of roadway, including the following:
- 1.1 miles of Graham Street from the railroad bridge deck to Mint Street;
- 3.4 miles of South Tryon Street from Remount Road to Morehead Street, and from Remount Road to I-77;
- 2.6 miles of West Boulevard from I-77 to South Tryon Street, and from Billy Graham Parkway to the limits of the Charlotte Douglas Airport project;
- 1 mile of Yorkmont Road from Byrum Drive to West Boulevard, and from Byrum Drive to Tyvola Road;
- 1.2 miles of Byrum Drive from Steele Creek Road to Yorkmont Road;
- 0.4 miles of Shopton Road West from Rock Island Road to the end of curb and gutter;
- 1.4 miles of Walkers Ferry Road from the pavement joint at the I-485 overpass to Windy Grove Road;
- 1.2 miles of Nevada Boulevard from South Tryon Street to the end of state maintenance;
- 0.8 miles of Queens Road from South Kings Drive to Providence Road;
- 3 miles of Monroe Road from Wendover Road to Sharon Amity Road, and from Wendover Road to Ranier Road;
- 2.6 miles of Wendover Road from Monroe Road to Sharon Road; and
- 0.3 miles of Sharon Road from Wendover Road to Runnymede Lane.
The scheduled completion date is June 30, 2013. The N.C. Department of Transportation will begin improvements on 19 miles of primary and secondary roads in Mecklenburg County Wednesday, Dec. 5, weather permitting.
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.