Medic offers winter weather safety tips | News
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV)- Friday's forecast means there is a high chance the roads will be slick with ice.
If you don't have to drive, don't - stay at home and off the roads.
But if you do need to drive, follow Medic's advice to stay safe:
- Increase your following distance
- Decrease your speed
Fall Injuries - Area Sidewalks,
During winter weather episodes,
Medic historically sees an increase in fall related injuries rather than an
increase in motor vehicle accidents. Medic is advising the community to
use caution when walking, especially in areas where water can freeze – sidewalks,
Again, please take your time
and be cautious.
Medic is gearing up to handle
the winter weather event for this evening. Medic has increased the number
of assets in the field to meet the demand this storm may bring.
In addition, all Medic
ambulances are equipped with an automated chain system. If needed,
employees can deploy these chains to help guide the ambulance through the
Move Over for Emergency
Finally, Medic would like to
remind the community about the Move Over Law. Our units, as well
as our public safety partners, will be responding to emergencies along area
roadways. If safe to do so, please Slow Down and Move Over
to the left, to protect emergency responders who are assisting
Copyright 2013 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near East Charlotte
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Public charter school celebrates expansion
- Matthews dentist to offer free dental care on Saturday
- Missing Matthews teen found safe, police say
- Charlotte home event, reflective of housing turnaround, sees record ticket sales
- Sportsplex ready for amateur tournaments and could put Matthews on the sports map
- MEDIC: Two injured in southeast Charlotte wreck
- Firefighters investigating house fire in Elizabeth neighborhood
- French government to honor 15 NC veterans in Charlotte today
- Charlotte woman turning to Internet for clues in home break-in
- Police looking for two men wanted in connection to South End car break-ins