Smoking in bed causes house fire off Lawyer's Road | News
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV)- A family of five is staying with friends after their home caught fire early Saturday morning.
Firefighters were called to Tritton Place off Lawyer's Road around 1:00 a.m.
Investigators believe someone fell asleep with a lit cigarette.
A family member smelled smoke and alerted the rest of the family. Everyone got out safely.
A CFD spokesman says the fire was confined to one bedroom where the fire started.
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.