Woman fatally shoots home invasion suspect | Crime
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - Police have identified the man who they say was shot and killed during a home invasion in east Charlotte Friday morning.
Police say the man's name is Jonathan Kendrell Boddie.
The incident occurred at 2404 Finchley Drive near the intersection of Shamrock Drive and Eastway Drive.
The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department received a call at 9:36 a.m. in reference to a shooting.
When cops arrived, they found Boddie lying unresponsive inside the house. The 29-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics.
Witnesses told police another man was sitting outside the house in a vehicle when he was approached by Boddie and a second suspect.
The suspects forced the victim inside the house at gunpoint and started beating him.
When a woman heard the commotion, she fired a gun at the suspects killing Boddie.
The second suspect ran away and police have not located him.
The man who was beaten was taken to Carolinas Medical Center for treatment.
The woman who fired the gun was not injured, police said.
Police said Boddie served more than eight years in prison for armed robbery and for being an accessory after the fact to a second-degree murder. He was currently awaiting trial on drug charges.
If you know anything about the shooting, call 704-432-TIPS or call Crime Stoppers at 704-334-1600.
Copyright 2011 WBTV. The Associated Press contributed to this report. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near East Charlotte
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Public charter school celebrates expansion
- Matthews dentist to offer free dental care on Saturday
- Missing Matthews teen found safe, police say
- Charlotte home event, reflective of housing turnaround, sees record ticket sales
- Sportsplex ready for amateur tournaments and could put Matthews on the sports map
- MEDIC: Two injured in southeast Charlotte wreck
- Firefighters investigating house fire in Elizabeth neighborhood
- French government to honor 15 NC veterans in Charlotte today
- Charlotte woman turning to Internet for clues in home break-in
- Police looking for two men wanted in connection to South End car break-ins