Man nabbed for 'pleasuring himself' on woman's porch, police say | Crime
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - A woman caught a man masturbating on her front porch early Sunday morning, police said.
The incident happened around 6:30 a.m. when the 74-year-old woman first heard a noise at her window and then "heard someone tampering with her front door," according to a report filed with the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department.
The woman, who lives on a road off The Plaza, got out of bed and "looked out her window it appeared the suspect was pleasuring himself on her porch."
The suspect ran away towards The Plaza, police said.
The woman called 911 and gave police a description of the suspect.
According to the search warrant, police identified the suspect as Gary Bernard Bynum.
Bynum as charged with attempted first-degree burglary, indecent exposure, and possession of narcotics paraphernalia, the warrant stated.
He is being held at the Mecklenburg County jail.
Copyright 2011 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near East Charlotte
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Public charter school celebrates expansion
- Matthews dentist to offer free dental care on Saturday
- Missing Matthews teen found safe, police say
- Charlotte home event, reflective of housing turnaround, sees record ticket sales
- Sportsplex ready for amateur tournaments and could put Matthews on the sports map
- MEDIC: Two injured in southeast Charlotte wreck
- Firefighters investigating house fire in Elizabeth neighborhood
- French government to honor 15 NC veterans in Charlotte today
- Charlotte woman turning to Internet for clues in home break-in
- Police looking for two men wanted in connection to South End car break-ins