Festival celebrates African-American heritage and accomplishments | Arts & Culture
The NC Film Factory is hosting a festival celebrating the rich heritage and accomplishments of the African-American Community.
The Charlotte African American Festival offers a full day of concerts, art, literature, food, dancers and competitions.
Special Attractions include A 1/4 Mile Journey Through the Underground Railroad with a Harriet Tubman impersonator and The Black History Walk of Fame with live impersonations of famous African-Americans.
Proceeds go to providing funding for technology equipment to assist under-served youth.
Festival-goers can catch the celebration at Independence High School, located at 1967 Patriot Drive in Charlotte, Saturday February 23 and Sunday February 24, at 10 a.m.
Admission is free and open to all ages.
For more information on the Festival, call 704-777-9928.
Upcoming Events near East Charlotte
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Public charter school celebrates expansion
- Matthews dentist to offer free dental care on Saturday
- Missing Matthews teen found safe, police say
- Charlotte home event, reflective of housing turnaround, sees record ticket sales
- Sportsplex ready for amateur tournaments and could put Matthews on the sports map
- MEDIC: Two injured in southeast Charlotte wreck
- Firefighters investigating house fire in Elizabeth neighborhood
- French government to honor 15 NC veterans in Charlotte today
- Charlotte woman turning to Internet for clues in home break-in
- Police looking for two men wanted in connection to South End car break-ins