Deputies: Charlotte woman lied to family, took their money |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
A Charlotte woman was arrested for obtaining property by false pretense.
The Iredell County Sheriff's Office received a report about Barbara Green-Knapp, 49, in late September.
Deputies spoke to the victims who said they hired Green-Knapp as an Interior Decorator in May.
The victims said they took part in several design consults with Green-Knapp, and wrote three separate checks totaling $21,215.03 for items.
Two days after the report was filed, deputies spoke with Green-Knapp and retrieved some of the furnishings the victims had paid for already. Deputies say Green-Knapp advised at that time she would obtain the remaining property in several weeks.
Investigators say they later discovered Green-Knapp had not ordered those items.
A warrant for issued and Green-Knapp was arrested November 19.
Green-Knapp wasa processed and placed in the Iredell County Detention Center under a $3,500 secured bond. She was also served with a warrant from Mecklenburg County for Felony Worthless Check, and given an $800 secured bond for that charge.
Upcoming Events near East Charlotte
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Public charter school celebrates expansion
- Matthews dentist to offer free dental care on Saturday
- Missing Matthews teen found safe, police say
- Charlotte home event, reflective of housing turnaround, sees record ticket sales
- Sportsplex ready for amateur tournaments and could put Matthews on the sports map
- MEDIC: Two injured in southeast Charlotte wreck
- Firefighters investigating house fire in Elizabeth neighborhood
- French government to honor 15 NC veterans in Charlotte today
- Charlotte woman turning to Internet for clues in home break-in
- Police looking for two men wanted in connection to South End car break-ins